Season 2 Premiere: 20 Life-Changing Things We Learned In Episode 201!
Fight. Reunion. Lockdown. Encanto? Love. Escape. Death.
THE PREMIERE OF SEASON 2 JUST HAPPENED AND WE WATCHED IT AND IT WAS EVERYTHING WE DREAMED IT WOULD BE!
But seriously, this is what we've been waiting for since April! Before you read this list please make sure you have watched the full episode. Then watch it again without crying or screaming at the TV screen. Then watch it a third time with a friend and annoy them by quoting everything along with the characters. OK, now you might be ready for our breakdown of all the AMAZING moments of this premiere episode. Read on...
1. Jace does not trust his father and the feeling is mutual.
Even though Jace chose to go with Valentine at the end of Season 1, he's clearly not ready to join the Circle.
2. Alec and Izzy are finding it difficult to locate their brother.
And Alec is taking his frustrations out on everyone around him. Especially Magnus!
3. Jocelyn had no idea that her son was alive.
But she doesn't seem that excited about the news.... We kind of expected a little more enthusiasm when Clary told her.
4. Alec wants to use the Parabatai rune to locate Jace.
He won't listen to reason! But we agree with Magnus: it's too dangerous.
5. The new Head of the Institute is laying down the law.
He seems like the worst. But, remember, that's how we felt about Lydia at the beginning...
6. Valentine is finally willing to answer some of Jace's burning questions.
Was he trying to protect Jace? Or himself? Self-preservation is his number one priority.
7. Jace has pure Demon blood in him from experiments that Valentine did on Jocelyn while she was pregnant!
This might explain his amazing speed and fighting skills. But, Demons are evil. So what does that make Jace?
8. Magnus refuses to take responsibility for Alec's actions during his wedding.
Damn straight! Alec made a difficult life decision, but Magnus can't be blamed for the consequences.
9. Victor Aldertree banned all Downworlders from the Institute unless they get his permission.
Another prejudiced authority figure. Classic Clave!
10. He's also threatening the Shadowhunters that try to stand up for Jace.
We all know that Izzy has faced a de-runing before. Nice try, Aldertree, you won't stop her that easily.
11. Simon is crashing at the Jade Wolf because he's basically homeless!
Our poor baby is making enemies wherever he goes. He betrayed Raphael, lied to his family, and has now been rejected by the Shadowhunters. We're so thankful for Luke!
12. Also he does not have his full Vampire powers yet.
Possibly because Raphael was such a bad mentor! That guy has a lot of explaining to do.
13. Clary is really improving her Shadowhunter fighting skills.
She's lucky to have such an amazing teacher. Izzy is #goals.
14. Maryse wants her children to forget they ever had another brother!
It's possible that she's rejecting Jace to rebuild her reputation with the Clave. But, surely she wouldn't let anyone harm Jace?
15. Clary uses a clever disguise to escape the Institute and keep searching for Jace.
She makes a damn good Aldertree. We were totally fooled.
16. Jocelyn is willing to literally lock her daughter in a boathouse to protect her.
But Clary was doing just fine taking care of herself while Jocelyn was asleep! She can handle this.
17. Magnus and Alec can't stay mad at each other for long.
Especially since Alec has been practicing his apologies. And LOOK AT THAT SMILE! OK, we're calm now.
18. Everyone is tracking Jace in their own special way, and for their own reasons.
Alec wants to save his Parabatai. Jocelyn wants to find Valentine. The Clave wants to capture them both.
19. Jace is manipulated by Valentine into breaking the Accords!
Shadowhunters are not supposed to kill Downworlders. Especially not ones who have surrendered!
20. Valentine might actually love his son!
He dived in front of the arrow Jocelyn aimed at Jace. Is this another trick? We're so confused.
Obviously we are all EMOTIONALLY DESTROYED by the first episode of Season 2!
At times like this we need to bond together and just talk about our feelings. Please share yours in the comments below so that we can heal and move on... to episode 2 next week!